Website analytics are generally referred to as the measurement, analysis and reporting of Internet in order to understand and optimize website. To put this simply, it is data on:
- Who visits your website?
- How they got there?
- What they did once they landed there?
- Where they went afterward?
The main reason website analytics is so important is because it helps explain your visitors’ behavior. With this information, you can optimize your website to improve your website content, user experience, and conversion goals.
We’ve listed a couple of tips below to help you when you’re ready to setup a website analytics report for your company.
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- GOAL – Are we accomplishing our online goals? What are they?
- TARGET AUDIENCE – Who do I want to reach? Do I have their email addresses?
- VALUE – What value am I delivering to my audience?
- LOCATION – Where are my visitors come from?
Keys to Success:
- Attracting and Engaging the Right Audience
Are most visitors from the local area — meaning they are potential customers — or are they individuals in far-off places who stumbled upon the site but likely won’t ever engage the business? It’s key to understand whether the right consumers are making it to the site.
- Managing Your Main Marketing Channels
Google Analytics provides insights into the four website traffic sources: search traffic, referral traffic, direct traffic and campaigns. Building strong bridges for these traffic sources is often a challenge and requires constant review and adjustment.
- Developing the Best Content
Evaluating the effectiveness of content provides a broad view of which website pages are doing well, which are not, and whether the site is flowing in a way that keeps visitors engaged and calls them to make the desired action.
Website Analytic Examples:
- Website Analytics Report 1
- Website Analytics Report 2
- Website Analytics Report 3
Let’s Get Started
Are you thinking about hiring someone to manage your website analytics reports for your company? If so, please give us a call so we help you. Our experts have managed the analytics accounts for various companies and we would like to share our expertise with you.